Everyone who buys a pump wants the same thing – that the pump will do it's job well and do it for a long time. At Davey the promise of reliability is core to what we do and what we build our reputation on.
Testing and quality control is paramount to Davey to ensure you get the product that you paid for:
- Every single one of our water pressure systems is tested for function, performance and for pressure leaks and does not leave our factory until it receives the tick of approval. This means hooking the pump up to power and water and actually running it up to pressure to make sure all is as it should be. You don't get that on a cheaper pump.
- Our pumps have been proven to perform well in some of the world's harshest climatic environments and we replicate these conditions in our environmental cabinet, where our pumps are run for months at 50°C and at 100% humidity.
- We love to torture test our pumps and regularly test them off our assembly line for up to 500,000 cycles. That is turning the pump on, bringing it up to pressure and turning it off again, to indicate one cycle. This testing is equivalent to 10 years of domestic use by a family of 4 with many of these pumps running far longer, for 750,000 or even 1 million cycles.
- When it comes to making reliable pumps it's the little things that count. For long bearing life we need minimal vibration and to deliver that we regularly check that our motors are fitted at the perfect centre of the motor shell.
- The electric motor is a major component and something that can't afford to fail. At Davey, we take our motors very seriously so we heat our motor shells to 140 degrees and shrink them on to the stator to eliminate the chance of movement that can lead to failure. Some cheaper alternatives affix with a grub screw that can come loose. Just another step Davey take to keep their pumps going.
- Ever wondered how the finish on our motors consistently looks so good? At Davey we hang our painted components out to dry for the best finish and to protect from corrosion for a long working life.